For its 16th year, Views offers an expanded edition, presenting five days of New York and World premieres from the frontiers of innovative moving image making.
Highlights include World premieres of Michael Robinson’s breakthrough Circle in the Sand, Laida Lertxundi’s The Room Called Heaven, and Nathaniel Dorsky‘s April. This year’s robust slate also includes work by David Gatten, Ferdinand Khittl, James Benning, Deborah Stratman, a tribute to the late Chris Marker, Jeff Preiss’ STOP, a special presentation of Raul Ruiz’s rarely seen The Blind Owl and much more.
Purchase a $75 Views Pass for unlimited access to the 22 programs in this year’s Views from the Avant-Garde, October 5-8, at the Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center! Simply present your pass at the Film Center’s box office to obtain a ticket for any of the day’s programs. Limited availability - on sale through October 4.
The pass also entitles you to a discount on a ticket to the World Premiere of Peter Kubelka's Monument Film on Monday, October 8 in the Walter Reade Theater. More information about this special offer will be provided in the email you will receive that confirms your purchase of a Views Pass.
$75 Members & General Public
• The Views from the Avant-Garde Pass entitles the bearer to one (1) ticket to any of the Views programs, October 5-8, at the Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center.
• One (1) ticket per program per pass.
• Bearer may not get tickets for concurrent programs.
• Tickets may only be picked-up day-of a program.
• The bearer must present the Views from the Avant-Garde Pass and identification at the theater’s box office to get a ticket.
• The Views from the Avant-Garde Pass and a ticket to the program are required for admission into the theater.
• Tickets and seating subject to availability.
• Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the management.
• The Views from the Avant-Garde Pass is non-transferable and is only valid during the 50th New York Film Festival.
• Programs are subject to change.
• The Views from the Avant-Garde Pass entitles the bearer to one (1) ticket at the Member discount price of $20 for the special multiple projector piece MONUMENT FILM, a World Premiere presented by Peter Kubelka himself on Monday, October 8 in the Walter Reade Theater.