Film Festival Academy
The Film Festival Academy has been set up for film festival professionals and those involved or interested in the film festival world. It provides a credible, ethical, flexible and truly international community network platform, whether festival organiser, programmer, academic, film historian, film critic, filmmaker, producer, distributor or cinéphile. The first event, in association with the 50th New York Film Festival, focuses on two specific themes: NYC-specific programming and film festival form.
• Scott Foundas (New York Film Festival)
• David Schwartz (Museum of the Moving Image)
• Thom Powers (DOC NYC)
• Richard Peña (New York Film Festival)
• Lisa Schwartzbaum (Entertainment Weekly)
• Toby Lee (Harvard University)
The Film Festival Academy will also introduce a new FILM FESTIVAL MANIFESTO put forward by Mark Cousins. The full timetable is available here.