Buy Tickets See It in 70mm!
Show From Series
- New Releases
- Red Hollywood and the Blacklist
- Free Talks
- Strange Lands: International Sci-Fi
- Freaky Fridays
- Time Regained: The Films of Lav Diaz
- Film Comment Double Feature
- James Brown: The Hardest Working Man in Show Business
- 50 Years of John Waters: How Much Can You Take?
- NYFF52 Main Slate
- NYFF52 Revivals
- NYFF52 Retrospective – Joseph L. Mankiewicz: The Essential Iconoclast
- NYFF52 Spotlight on Documentary
- The Met: Live in HD 2014-15
See It in 70mm!
December 21, 2012 – January 01, 2013
When Paul Thomas Anderson elected to shoot The Master in the large-frame 70mm film format, the process hadn’t been used for a major Hollywood movie in nearly two decades. But once upon a time, 70mm was the gold standard for musicals, westerns historical epics and assorted all-star extravaganzas, filling the screen with a high-resolution image unrivaled even by today’s state-of-the-art digital technologies. Just in time for the holidays, we’re pleased to present 15 films in their original 70mm glory, featuring a mix of beloved classics and rarely screened gems, all on the grand Walter Reade Theater screen! Read more »