Buy Tickets See It in 70mm!
Show From Series
- New Releases at the Film Society
- Art of the Real 2014
- The Met: Live in HD 2013-14
- Convergence: Immersive Media at Lincoln Center
- Directed by Rob Reiner
- Film Comment Double Feature
- Columbia University Film Festival 2014
- From Screen to Stage: Bullets Over Broadway
- New York African Film Festival 2014
- Fassbinder: Romantic Anarchist (Part 1)
See It in 70mm!
December 21, 2012 – January 01, 2013
When Paul Thomas Anderson elected to shoot The Master in the large-frame 70mm film format, the process hadn’t been used for a major Hollywood movie in nearly two decades. But once upon a time, 70mm was the gold standard for musicals, westerns historical epics and assorted all-star extravaganzas, filling the screen with a high-resolution image unrivaled even by today’s state-of-the-art digital technologies. Just in time for the holidays, we’re pleased to present 15 films in their original 70mm glory, featuring a mix of beloved classics and rarely screened gems, all on the grand Walter Reade Theater screen! Read more »