Buy Tickets See It in 70mm!
Show From Series
- New Releases
- The Last Laugh: An Alternate History of Spanish Comedy
- The Met: Live in HD 2014-15
- Sound + Vision Presents: Staring at Sound
- Let There Be Light: The Films of John Huston
- New York Jewish Film Festival 2015
- In Case of No Emergency: The Films of Ruben Östlund
- Sound + Vision: The Big Beat
See It in 70mm!
December 21, 2012 – January 01, 2013
When Paul Thomas Anderson elected to shoot The Master in the large-frame 70mm film format, the process hadn’t been used for a major Hollywood movie in nearly two decades. But once upon a time, 70mm was the gold standard for musicals, westerns historical epics and assorted all-star extravaganzas, filling the screen with a high-resolution image unrivaled even by today’s state-of-the-art digital technologies. Just in time for the holidays, we’re pleased to present 15 films in their original 70mm glory, featuring a mix of beloved classics and rarely screened gems, all on the grand Walter Reade Theater screen! Read more »