Buy Tickets Fifty Years of John Waters: How Much Can You Take?
Show From Series
- New Releases
- New York Jewish Film Festival 2015
- Free Events
- Dance on Camera 2015
- Tell It Like It Is: Black Independents in New York, 1968 – 1986
- The Met: Live in HD 2014-15
- Convergence: Immersive Media at Lincoln Center
- Time Regained: The Films of Lav Diaz
- Sound + Vision Presents: Staring at Sound
Fifty Years of John Waters: How Much Can You Take?
September 05, 2014 – September 14, 2014
Over the course of 12 features—six maniacal midnight-movie classics and six subversive exercises in genre revision made on the fringes of Hollywood—John Waters has created one of the most influential and beloved bodies of work in all of American underground cinema. As part of our complete retrospective, Waters will also present a series of films, from British domestic melodramas to Hollywood horror franchises, that, in his words, “I’m jealous I didn’t make.” Read more »