Buy Tickets Fifty Years of John Waters: How Much Can You Take?
Show From Series
- New Releases
- Nastassja Kinski: From the Heart
- Time Regained: The Films of Lav Diaz
- Free Events
- Winter’s Eve
- Film Society Free Talks
- Film Comment Double Feature
- Making Waves: New Romanian Cinema 2014
- The Last Laugh: An Alternate History of Spanish Comedy
- The Met: Live in HD 2014-15
- Let There Be Light: The Films of John Huston
Fifty Years of John Waters: How Much Can You Take?
September 05, 2014 – September 14, 2014
Over the course of 12 features—six maniacal midnight-movie classics and six subversive exercises in genre revision made on the fringes of Hollywood—John Waters has created one of the most influential and beloved bodies of work in all of American underground cinema. As part of our complete retrospective, Waters will also present a series of films, from British domestic melodramas to Hollywood horror franchises, that, in his words, “I’m jealous I didn’t make.” Read more »