The Publicist will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Public Relations in both coordinating and executing the press outreach and public relations efforts on behalf of the Film Society of Lincoln Center, its film festivals, film series, special events, filmmakers, and FSLC executives as well as the organization as a whole.
The Publicist is a public relations professional with 5+ years of experience who has relationships in the film and film journalism communities and enjoys bringing those groups together to help create awareness for FSLC and FSLC films and events. The ability to lead, communicate well, make creative decisions, manage people and their personalities, and stay calm under pressure is essential. To apply for this job, click here.
• Coordinate and manage all PR campaigns and corporate PR with FSLC Publicity team on targeted outreach for long and short lead, education/filmmaker initiatives and event coverage.
• Works closely with Programming on strategy and outreach for coverage for all series.
• Leverage strong relationships with press and the film community to ensure FSLC inclusion in festival panels, industry trend pieces to help build the profile of FSLC executives and Programming.
• In the absence of the Director of Marketing and Public Relations, supervise any public relations aspects of events for the Film Society of Lincoln Center as well as represent the department at any Lincoln Center PR or FSLC internal meetings.
• Writing/editing press releases.Works closely with the FSLC Publicity team on distributing all press releases, media alerts, tip sheets and newswires.
• Strategize with the Director of Marketing and PR as to press outreach for each film festival, series, event, and FSLC corporate.
• Close collaboration with the FSLC Marketing, Sponsorship, and Events team, on campaigns, outreach, and digital presence.
• Manage partner relationships throughout the year with every series and festival.
• Manage annual budget with the Director of PR and Marketing, as well as the creation of quarterly reports on all initiatives.
Schedule: This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits, requiring the ability to be available 7 operating days a week, with an expectation of hours outside of the standard 10-6 work day, including weekends, with workweek of 40+ hours as well as the necessity to be on-call and available when away from the office as well. To apply for this job, click here.